NOTICE OF COMBINED REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR DESIGN-BUILD CONTRACT
Notice is hereby given that Northwestern Schools; Howard County, Indiana (The “School Corporation”), requests any Design-Builder (as defined in Indiana Code Section 5-30-1-4, as amended) which is interested in being considered by the School Corporation as a potential Design-Builder with respect to the design, construction and equipping of renovations of portions of Northwestern School Corporation, 3431 North County Road 400 West, Kokomo, Indiana 46901 for the implementation of the 2017 Renovation Project, all as described in more detail in the Combined Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposal (the “RFQ/RFP”)(The Immediate Needs Renovation Project described in the RFQ/RFP, collectively the “Project”) to submit Verified Statements of Qualifications and a Proposal to Design-Build services for the Project.
The School Corporation’s budget for the project is under $2,000,000 and the School Corporation is electing to use the combined RFQ/RFP process allowed for smaller projects in Indiana Code Section 5-30-5-1-(c).
Verified Statement of Qualifications and Proposals shall be received by the School Corporation until 10:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday April 3, 2017 at the administration building for the school corporation, which is located at 3075 North Washington Street, Kokomo, Indiana 46901. Each response to the RFQ/RFP must in accordance with the RFQ/RFP process. Each response to the RFQ/RFP must be also be submitted by a person or entity satisfying the definition of a Design-Builder or Team as defined in Indiana Code Section 5-30-1, as amended (each, a “Design-Builder”).
For a copy of the RFQ/RFP, contact the School Corporation’s Design Criteria Developer for the Project, Which is:
INTERDESIGN Daniel D. Rawlins, RA. DBIA
141 East Ohio Street Design Criteria Developer
Indianapolis, Indiana, 46204 firstname.lastname@example.org
(317) 263-9655 Office (317) 441-7905 mobile
(317) 263-9644 Fax
The RFQ/RFP contains, but is not limited to the following:
- 1.)A description of the Project, including the size and function of the facilities that are subject of the Project, the maximum budget and the anticipated schedule;
- 2.)A description of the source selection process, including:
- A.)The process for communications between the potential Design-Builders and the School Corporation, including, but not limited to the Northwestern Schools Technical Review Committee (the “TRC”) and any agent of either the School Corporation or the TRC;
- B.)The schedule for the source selection process;
- C.)The TRC evaluation procedure; and
- D.)A description of submission requirements;
- 3.)The general qualifications for prospective Design-Builders, including:
- A.)Appropriate experience with similar projects;
- B.)Team experience with design-build delivery;
- C.)Organizational resources and depth of the Design-Builder;
- D.)The licensing requirements for the prospective Design-Builder;
- E.)The insurance requirements for the prospective Design-Builder;
- F.)The financial strength and bonding capacity of the prospective Design-Builder;
- G.)The prospective Design-Builder’s history of contracting with or hiring minority business enterprises and women’s business enterprises; and
- H.)The prospective Design-Builder’s’ litigation and disputes history
- 4.)The Project specification qualifications for prospective Design-Builders, including;
- A.)The prospective Design-Builder’s experience with the facilities or building types that is the subject of the Project;
- B.)The prospective Design-Builder’s performance record, including quality, schedule and cost of each project;
- C.)The prospective Design-Builder’s proposed team composition, including the team’s past experience working together;
- D.)The prospective Design-Builder’s current capacity to manage the Project;
- E.)The prospective Design-Builder’s proposed key project personnel; and
- F.)The prospective Design-Builder’s client and project references;
- 5.)A description of the TRC’s Qualifications Statement and Proposal evaluation process, which includes;
- A.)An established rating system that complies with Indiana Code Section 5-30-5-4, as amended. Indiana Code Section 5-30-5-5, as amended, Indiana Code Section 5-30-7-3 as amended and Indiana Code Section 5-30-7-5, as amended; and
- B.)The briefing session and formal question and answer process that the School Corporation will conduct with prospective Design-Builders before submission of a proposal in the response to the RFQ/RFP;
- 6.)A design Criteria Package including the Owner’s Project Criteria as set forth in Indiana Code Section 5-30-6-3, as amended; and
- 7.)Additional Proposal Requirements, as set forth in Indiana Code Section 5-30-6-4, as amended and Indiana Code Section 5-30-6-5, as amended.
All of the information set forth in the RFQ/RFP as described in clauses (1) through and including (7) above are incorporated into this notice by reference. In addition to the foregoing information, the response submitted by prospective Design-Builders must include all of the information required by Indiana Code Section 5-30-5—3, as amended and Indiana Code Section 5-30-7-1, as amended.
The School Corporation will hold a Pre-Submittal Conference on March 14th at 1:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time in the Media Center of Northwestern High School, 3431 North County Road 400 West, Kokomo, Indiana 46901. A tour of the project site will follow the Pre-Submittal Conference. Prospective Design-Builders are encouraged to attend the Pre-Submittal conference, having previously reviewed the RFQ/RFP
Unless otherwise specifically authorized by the Design Criteria Developer, as of the date of this notice, all communication between prospective Design-Builders and the School Corporation and /or its TRC or agents shall be conducted through the School Corporation’s Design Criteria Developer, listed above. Any prospective Design-Builder who otherwise contacts any employee or agent of the School Corporation between the date of this notification and the award of the Design-Build Contract is subject to disqualification.
All responses to the RFQ/RFP received by the date and time set forth above will initially be reviewed by the School Corporation’s design Criteria Developer for compliance with Design Criteria Package as set for in Indiana Code Section 5-30-7-2- (c), as amended. Qualitative Proposals found to be in compliance with the RFQ/RFP will be evaluated by the TRC and assigned a composite score, set forth in Indiana Code Section 5-30-7-3, as amended. Notice of the opening of Price Proposals will be given to qualified proposing Design-Builders as set forth in Indiana Code amended. The School Corporation intends to award a Design-Build Contract on the basis of Best Value as set for in Indiana Code Section 5-30-7-6, as amended.
The School Corporation reserves the right to reject for any reason at all any and all responses received to the RFQ/RFP and to be sole judge of the value and merit of the responses offered.
The School Corporation reserves the right to terminate for any reason and for no reason at all this Project prior to awarding the design-build contract
Dated: February 23, 2017
Northwestern School Corporation
Howard County, Indiana
By: Blake Betzner, Director of Operations